Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Friday! Happy November! Happy Announcement!

I know a lot of you are caught up in the excitement of the first day of NaNo (good luck to you all!), so I'll keep this brief and to-the-point.

Last March I began an editorial internship with Entangled Publishing. Well, that internship is over... because I am now working for them as an Editorial Assistant!

I've joined Kerri-Leigh Grady's editorial team, so I'll be working mainly on the novella lines--Flirt, Flaunt, and Ever After--with the occasional exception.

This new position requires a lot of the same work I did as an intern, plus additional responsibilities and more intensive training. The main perk, of course, is that I get to read as my job. And on the other side of the desk, I get to write as my job. Which basically translates to: this publishing life of mine is pretty darn good.

But enough about me. Who all is tackling NaNo this year?

Write on, word lovers!
~Lydia

24 comments:

  1. woohoo! Lydia! this is AWESOME news, congrats to you! :D *ignites the confetti cannons and passes around bubbly beverages* :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Lydia!!!!! I hope you get to read some awesome books that you fall madly in love with. What an amazing opportunity! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm hoping for the same thing. :-)

      Delete
  3. HUZZAH! This is fantastic news!!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, I'm gonna tackle you with hugs, I MISS YOU!!!! <3

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Very exciting opportunity. You're my word-loving hero; I'd better write on. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! That's pretty much my dream job. I'm excited to start school so I can finally get my dream job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Being an editor is definitely a dream job for me. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Big congrats, Lydia! That is awesome! You're making many of us green with envy. (But only for a short time because we love you.)

    Yes to NaNo. No, I don't think I'll win this year, but who knows?

    <3
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Lydia! Wonderful news--and yes, your life IS pretty good! Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That is fantastic news!

    And I'm taking on Nano this year. Been a few since my last go at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jaleh! Good luck with NaNo--I know you can do it!

      Delete
  9. That's awesome! Really exciting. :) I love word jobs. They're so satisfying . . . getting to be part of the magic! I'm a freelance editor, so my work is pretty inconsistent, but I think I wouldn't be able to deal with it any other way. I might burn out on my own stuff if I was always churning out feedback for others' without much of a break. :)

    Not doing NaNo. Never have, never will--word count accountability as a motivational factor is incompatible with my writing style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, you gotta do whatever works best for you. Thanks for the comment! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!